A Peak at My Life

Life is a journey, and this is the story of mine.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Good Lord, where does the time go? It doesn't seem like a month and a few days since my last post. And I didn't fall asleep like Pam.....or just lose it randomly like Eric. But, alas. I am blonde. Lets blame that...

So, finals are over as of today. I finished one point shy of having straight A's for the semester. BTW: That'd be the first time in my college career of making straight A's. I blame it on Thune being gone, and my lack of being preoccupied and more dedicated. That, and I graduate in one semester and people's lives will be in my hands. Time to take it more seriously, I reckon. Hopefully my teacher will be generous and bump me up the one point, but she didn't guarantee anything. Oh well, I suppose in the giant scheme of thing it isn't that big of a deal. Today was a little discouraging, none-the-less.

Tomorrow, I start physical therapy on my knee. There really is no precise answer as to what it officially wrong with it. The week of Thanksgiving, it started hurting while running and I had to stop about 1 to 2 miles into a run. This is not conducive with my running schedule, so I went to the doctor. An x-ray and MRI ensued, and they came up with the answer that my knee has a bit of fluid on it (that isn't worth removing) and I have a tendon that is shortened and thinned beyond what it should be. Anyhow, I'm hoping that physical therapy isn't too painful, because I hope to be able to run tomorrow afterwards. I want to start training for the Des Moines Marathon and that has to begin in February if I am going to be able to do it at all. I never thought I'd be the one to complain because I can't run....but I am, darnit.

On that note, I'm only 1.4 lbs away from my weight goal. This is why it's so frustrating to not be able to run. I've had to jump to elliptical machines and walking, and things of that nature don't make me sweat near as much as running does. Oh well, I suppose. I don't think I want to work on maintenance while Thune's here anyway, because Tasty Tacos, and drinking will likely be involved in his being here with me. He's such a bad influence on my eating, because he's so gosh-darn laid back.

In other news, I am moving into Thune's room at his roomates house in Clive this weekend. A few reasons go behind this, the most important being that there are situations in my household that are making me feel akward and uneasy, and I don't feel that my place is here with my mom anymore. I don't know how much longer she'll be living her either, because she's moving into my room when I leave. That's not so indicative of a strong relationship, in my opinion. Somethings wrong....but don't care to know what it is. I think that both of us will benefit from being independent from one another. I feel a greater sense of independence lately, and I feel she should start to do that as well. So, Kevin (Thune's roomate) offered me the chance to stay in Thune's room, which is a great opportunity. I have asked Thune, of course.(I get that question far more than I care to say), and I got asked by my grandmother of all people "Are you sleeping with Kevin?" Um....no, because I am not that type of person, and I am madly in love with my boyfriend. I'd never do that to anyone, at any time, ever. I can't believe grandma asked that....crazy grandma. Time for a home *giggle*

Anyhow, this is much longer than I anticipated, but there is very much to talk about. Hope you all have a great week, and I'll try to update after the move. G'day all!

1 Comments:

Blogger 2 Gookins said...

I have my suspicions that the disappearances of various posts I have attempted to make are not "random," but, in fact, a conspiracy attempting to systematically discredit my updates. Also, I blame Renee.

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home