A Peak at My Life

Life is a journey, and this is the story of mine.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

We put our bid in today,(clarification: ON THE HOUSE ON MERLE HAY-in Beaverdale practically) and it got dismissed right away. We (by we, I mean I) thought that it would be thrown out because it was very low compared to the assessed value of the house, and the asking price.

So it turned into a bidding war, to which the guy put one last offer out and said if that didn't work then he would see what the open house yielded tomorrow. To me, those were the words that set things into motion. I didn't want this house going to anyone else but us. I love it, more than I could ever say in fact.

So, I talked Thune into what the guy asked on our third try. He's asking $109,400 (originally it was an asking price of $109,900), and he's paying closing costs. Which, really isn't too bad. Every house in the area is assessed or listed at way more than that. So, we're not compltely thrilled with the negotiation process, but we used the realtor that was also selling the house so whatcha gonna do I guess.

We take possession and close on the house on March 28th, and I think will make our first mortgage payment in May. So....it's pretty exciting, yet a little scary because it's a big move.

Now to just furnish the place...hehehe :)

2 Comments:

Blogger 2 Gookins said...

Congratulations on the new house!
Eric and Renee

10:47 AM  
Blogger thisbearbites said...

And I'm confused??? Which house won? And congratulations!!!

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home