A Peak at My Life

Life is a journey, and this is the story of mine.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007





So, as you can tell, I've been having a good time. I got my nursing license in the mail on Saturday, but can't find a frame for it because it's an odd sized piece of paper. I think I'll have to get it customely framed, so I'll get around to that in the next...eh, 20 years or so :)

Work is going amazingly. I am now a full nurse, in the system even. That means that I can pull narcotics, and note my own doctor's orders all by myself. Not a baby nurse anymore, a real full fledged nurse. Of course, this also means there's a touch more liability, like being sued if I screw up. Luckily I had some great preceptors that taught me what's going on :) That, and I catch on pretty darn easily. Everyone is saying that I'm doing swimmingly on the floor, so I think that they're being honest. I'd like to think that if I were failing miserably, they would let me know. But, everything is going smoothly. I love the floor, and most of the people are amazing, except for some of the old Spaz's. They, what else, spaz out about the dumbest things. It makes for an easier night if you plan out your night and just flow through it all. Apparently 20+ years or nursing hasn't taught them that. Instead, they freak out and bite people's heads off, and offend people. It's brilliant.

Outside of work, I celebrated for the last two weekends, with alcohol, my passing boards and getting my official license. This weekend there will be no alcohol involved, mainly because I do love my liver and want to keep it in good condition. But, it has been fun though a bit interesting.

It's still weird for me to wake up at 9:15 every morning and not having something to rush off and do. This relaxing business wasn't made for someone like me, I don't think. Its weird having free time, because I don't have to be to work till 3, and that means I have quite a bit of free time in between getting up and going to work. So, I work out 5 days a week now, watch tv and mess around on the computer pretty much on a daily basis. I guess I shouldn't be complaining, but I'd like to find something more constructive to do with my time. It's difficult though, because 1) I live in a small town now and 2)It'd have to be something that I could do throughout the day, not in the evening. I shall survive my boredom though, I do suppose.

Thune comes back in around 2 months, and I say around because the army is ridiculously un-specific. He gets "relesed" around August 10th, but we assume he'll be back around the 20th, because he has to out process, meaning do a TON of paperwork and whatnot. It seems amazing that it's only two months away, but it's going to be a long two months I have a feeling. The last month has been the most difficult of the deployment I feel, and I think it's because I'm anticipating him being back here. We've had more little bickering and interesting situations come up in the last month than we have in the rest of the year and two months that he's been gone. But, we'll work it out one way or the other. It'll be interesting to live together after not seeing eachother for a while. Shall be fun.

Anyhow, it's time to go work out now. I'll try to update a tad more often, considering I'm bored most of the time.

Love you all! Gday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home