A Peak at My Life

Life is a journey, and this is the story of mine.

Saturday, June 30, 2007





So, here are a few pictures from last weekend. I cut my hair, because I wanted an actual hair style instead of a just having hair. And I figured to grow it out for our wedding next August, that now would be the time to cut it shorter if I wanted to. I'd been saying that I wanted to for a really long time, but it was hard to talk myself into it. I'm told that it looks realy good, by many different sources, so I thank you all :)

I'm sorry it has been so long since I have updated, and I really have no good excuse as to why it's been so long. I guess maybe the fact that I've been pretty bored for the last week counts as an excuse, no? But, whatever-the-case, I had fun last weekend. Erin and I decided to wear dresses, which worked out ok until I was wasted. Then the cute shoes, and strapless bra thing didn't work out so well. Neither work well with alcohol. I'm just glad I have good guy friends who always look out for Erin and I :)

Anyhow, work is going really well. I'm getting into the flow of things, and people realy like me up there. I'm trying to get down the very specifics, while gaining confidence which is somewhat difficult. But, I'm getting there slowly but surely.Everyone has been pretty amazing up on the floor, and I love the people that I work evenings with. There are a lot of great people with great personalities, and it's pretty much just that: great.

On the weight watchers front, I've been starving when I get home from work around midnight every night, so I eat a snack. Usually I'm still starving and that doesn't help anything at all. I don't get what's going on. I've been working out 5 days a week, before I go to work, so I think maybe the activity that I do at work in combo with my workout might be draining my energy. That's the only thing I can come up with, because I'm eating good home cooked meals for dinner, and my typical diet, so I have no clue what's going on with my body. One thing is certain: I'm not pregnant. I am however lifting and working out a lot more, so my body is changing, it's just not dropping the weight like I would like right now.

I say that because it seems like half the nurses on the floor are: which means I'm going to quit drinking any water up there. I'd have a hell of a lot of explaining to do if I wound up pregnant right now. (easy transition into next topic, lol)

Thune comes home in a little under two months, which will be exciting and scary all at once. I say scary because we're going to have to live with eachtoher, when we never have before: and we haven't seen eachother for months and will have to see eachtoher every day. I will love it, of course: but it'll be quite an adjustment to go from living my life practically single and self sufficient to incorporating another's life into my own. I think I'll probably have the most problem, because as you all know, I tend to be pretty anal in my every day life. No surprise to you all, I'm sure.

Anyhow, it's about time to get to work. This will be my 6th day in a row, and I have to complete 7 before I get a day off. Though, i can't complain about next week's schedule: Monday through Wednesday off, work Thursday and Friday and off again Saturday and Sundy. Pretty sweet, if you ask me :) Being a nurse really works out for those of us that dont have families.

Love you all and talk to you sooner than later, hopefully :) G'day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home